How do you perform ghusl in Islam? Bathing is the only means of sanctification for every believer.
But how to perform ghusl in Islam? What is the rule of bathing in Islam? Maybe many people’s baths are not being cleansed because they don’t know that.
As a result, prayers and other acts of worship are not being performed properly. That’s why in today’s post, we are discussing bathing.
In the blog –
- What is ghusl in Islam?
- Types of ghusl in Islam?
- How do you perform ghusl in Islam?
- How do Muslims perform ghusl Janabah?
- When is a ghusl required for a man?
- When is a ghusl required for a woman?
- Ghusl for females after periods?
What is the Ghusl in Islam?
The literal meaning of Ghusl – is to pour water over an object completely.
In Islamic terminology, bathing is washing one’s body thoroughly by observing certain rules to worship Allah Ta’ala.
How many types of Ghusl are in Islam?
There are three types of baths, namely –
- Faraj Ghusl
- Sunnah Ghusl
- Mustahab Ghusl
When is ghusl Forj?
If any one of the four reasons is found, bathing is Forj?
- Ghusl is obligatory after ejaculation: intercourse, nightmares, or any other way to ejaculate.
- Women must take a bath after menopause.
- Bath is obligatory for women after the closure of the nasal passages (blood after childbirth).
- Ghusl, the dead is an obligation on the living.
When is ghusl sunnah?
Ghusl in four conditions is Sunnah.
- Ghusl for the day of Jumu’ah is Sunnah.
- It is Sunnah to take a bath for the two Eid prayers.
- It is Sunnat to take a bath before performing Ihram.
- The pilgrims take a bath while staying in Arafa.
When is ghusl Mustahab?
In some cases, bathing is Mustahab.
- On the night of the 14th of Shaban.
- On the night of Qadr.
- It is Mustahab to take a bath during the sun and moon eclipse prayers and for the rain prayer.
- It is desirable to take a bath during frightening situations, extreme darkness, and heavy clouds.
- When wearing new clothes.
- Time to repent.
- On the way back from the tour.
- On entering Medina.
- In entering Mecca.
- During his stay in Muzdalifah and his pilgrimage.
- For the one who bathes the dead.
- After blowing the horn.
- After the drunk or unconscious person returns to normal consciousness.
- If he is pure while accepting Islam, it is still desirable to take a bath. However, if he is unclean, it is obligatory to take a bath.
How do you perform ghusl in Islam?
Perform ghusl in Islam has been explained in detail in Quran and hadith.
That method must be followed when you take a force Ghusl. Otherwise, your bath will not be clean.
And if the bath is not pure, your prayers or any other worship will not be accepted. So bathing purely is very important.
The rules of bathing are discussed below –
Pour water all over the body for bathing. That
Either way. Whether by dipping in a pond, river or canal, pouring water from a bucket, or using a shower.
Rinse three times and give water to the nose. These three tasks are called bathing duties.
In the case of Ghusl, it is Mustahab to follow the rules by which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to bathe.
Maymuna – Radiyallahu Anha – said,
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) kept water for the Janazah. Then he poured water with his right hand and left hand two or three times.
And he washed his genitals. And he rubbed his hands on the ground or the wall twice or thrice. Then he cooled and gave water to his nose.
And he washed his face and two arms, poured water on his head, and washed his whole body.
He then moved away from his place and washed both feet.
The narrator said, ‘Then I brought a piece of cloth. But it was not necessary. He started throwing water with his hand. ‘(Sahih Bukhari)
How do Muslims perform ghusl Janabah?
- Wash both hands up to the wrist two or three times.
- You are rubbing your hands on the ground or wall two or three times.
- She performed ablution like Azur of prayers without washing her head and feet.
- I am cooled three times and given water to the nose.
- Water is flowing over the head.
- Wash all the body.
- Move away from where you have taken a bath and wash your feet.
Before all this work, you have to take a bath. Niyat means – to keep in mind the desire to be pure from impurity for the worship of Allah Ta’ala.
In the Holy Quran, Allah Ta’ala says,
وَإِن كُنتُمۡ جُنُبٗا فَٱطَّهَّرُواْۚ
Translation: And if you are unclean, then purify yourself well. (Surat al-Ma’ida: 6)
Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) said:
‘If you forcefully drain the water, take a bath.’ (Abu Dawood)
When is a ghusl required for a man? Perform ghusl in Islam
When a man takes a Ghusl, his bath can be of several types. Maybe obligatory bath or circumcised bath, or Naafil bath.
Bathing may be obligatory on a man for the following reasons. If the wife has intercourse.
Intercourse refers to the union of the penis and the vagina. There is no need to ejaculate for this. Just inserting the tip of the penis into the vagina is enough.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
“As soon as the genitals of men and women come together, bathing will become obligatory.” (Tirmidhi Sharif)
Three: If the infidel is a Muslim
If a person converts to Islam, then bathing is obligatory for him.
Qays ibn Asim converted to Islam, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) ordered him to bathe. (Abu Dawood Sharif)
Four: In case of death
After the death of Zaynab, the daughter of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), he said, ‘Bath her three times.
Or five times or more if you like. ‘(Bukhari and Muslim)
Five: When menstruation and breathing stops
The first three of the above five factors include men and women, and the five only apply to women.
The rule of forced bathing is – first rinse three times and inject water into the nose. Then pour water all over the body.
And during Sunnah or Mustahab bath, you have to do some extra things like –
- I am starting a bath called Bismillah.
- Start pouring water from the right.
- The toes of the hands and toes are well-spun.
- Carefully clean special parts of the body.
- Use soap or any other ingredient to clean dirt.
When is a ghusl required for a woman?
Women will bathe just like men, but there are some exceptions. They cannot soak in public.
Because the clothes get wet and stick to the body during bathing. As a result, the secret beauty of the female body is revealed. It is forbidden.
In this way, they have to open the hair follicles and get the water inside the hair because reaching the whole body during the obligatory bath is obligatory.
Ghusl for females after periods
There are no separate rules for bathing after the period. Bathing should be done according to the limitations discussed above.
If a woman becomes pure at the last moment of the Zuhr prayers and only one Rak’a is left, then the Zuhr prayers will be considered obligatory. You have to take a bath and offer Zuhr prayers.
Ayesha (may Allah be pleased with her) said :
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said to Fatima bint Abi Hubaish (may Allah be pleased with her), ‘When menstruation comes, leave the prayer.
And when menstruation stops, take a bath and offer prayers. ‘ (Sahih Bukhari and Muslim)
I visited your site sir you are doing a good job but I feel there are some gaps in these articles. I observed that you mentioned so many Ahadees from Sahih Muslim and from other Hadith Books But you didn’t mention any Hadith number or the name of Ravi of any Hadith. It is not acceptable because the reference of any Hadith is very important. Also, you should great care of making mistakes because you know Islam and its teaching are not fiction stories. Islam is a complete religion. You mentioned that it’s right to kiss the private parts of each other (Husband wife). Would you please give me the reference for this? Where is Halal for us?
I hope you get my point